Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dusty Reads (1)

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.
This book is exclusively chosen by Giselle.

This is my first Dusty Reads post. I find that blogs often feature new and upcoming books, so we tend to forget about the great books that we planned to read back when, but never got around to. So this may help someone discover an older book that is just as good as all the ARCs everyone is dying to get a hold of. Here's what I picked:


     Twenty Boy Summer
    Sarah Ockler

"Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?"
"Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?"


According to Anna’s best friend, Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there’s a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie–she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.


I've had this on my shelf for about a year. I thought it was a perfect choice for this week's Dusty Reads since it's a challenged book. It sounds like a very emotional but fun story. 

Have you read it? What did you think?