Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (30)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My pick this week:
When We Wake
Karen Healey
Release date: March, 2013
by Little Brown Books

My name is Tegan Oglietti, and on the last day of my first lifetime, I was so, so happy.

Sixteen-year-old Tegan is just like every other girl living in 2027 - she's happiest when playing the guitar, she's falling in love for the first time, and she's joining her friends to protest the wrongs of the world: environmental collapse, social discrimination, and political injustice.

But on what should have been the best day of Tegan's life, she dies - and wakes up a hundred years in the future, locked in a government facility with no idea what happened.

Tegan is the first government guinea pig to be cryonically frozen and successfully revived, which makes her an instant celebrity - even though all she wants to do is try to rebuild some semblance of a normal life. But the future isn't all she hoped it would be, and when appalling secrets come to light, Tegan must make a choice: Does she keep her head down and survive, or fight for a better future?

RIIIIGHT? First, the cover - I love! Imagine the possibilities for the hardcopy, it could definitely stand out. And second, this synopsis blows my mind! Imagine waking up in 100 years and having to take it all in - or imagine someone from 100 years ago waking up today! O_O Things change so much! This could really be great. Very excited to get my hands on this! And then... and then I looked at the release date... and then I cried.

What do you think, guys? What's your pick this week?
Link me up! :)