Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (57)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My pick this week:

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April Genevieve Tucholke
Release date: August 2013
by Dial/Penguin

Violet’s grandmother had warned her about the Devil, had talked about him often, as though he were a best friend, or an old lover. But she never told Violet that the Devil could be real. She never told Violet that the Devil could be a dark-haired boy in vintage clothes who takes naps in the sun and likes old movies and vigilante justice.

River West is the seventeen-year old stranger renting the guesthouse behind the rotting mansion on the sea, where Violet lives. And as eerie things start happening in Violet’s town, she begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling, coffee-loving liar with rascally eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something else? Something...evil?

Violet’s already so knee-deep in love she can’t see straight.

And that’s just how River likes it

So angel books are rarely my cup of tea, but devils... now that's more like it! What does that say about me? I'm not sure I want to know O.O Plus, this cover, well at first I didn't "really" love it, but then I stared at it... and now I love it! :D

And who cares? She lives in a rotting mansion on the sea, dude! YEAH!!

What did you pick this week?
Link me up! :)