Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dusty Reads (21)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted here, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time. To participate, add your link at the bottom. 
If you wish, you can grab the button and find more information here.

My pick this week:
The Girl Who Could Fly
Victoria Forester

Release date: June 24, 2008
by Feiwel & Friends

Goodreads / Purchase 
Piper McCloud lives with her normal ma and pa on a normal farm in normal Lowland County. But Piper isn’t your normal girl. Ever since Piper was a baby she’s been able to hover a few feet off the ground, and if the people of Lowland County knew she could fly, they would have something to say about it. So it only seems best that Piper be sent away to I.N.S.A.N.E., the top secret school for children with extraordinary abilities like hers. Her new friends have powers like telekinesis, X-ray vision, and the ability to create their own weather. Piper likes her new life at school, but soon, she realizes things aren’t as they seem. Now, the school she was sent to for her own protection might be the most dangerous place she’s ever been.

I think I've had this one the longest out of all my unread books on my shelf. I've had it for at least two years. I just haven't been in the mood for it since. Has anyone read this?