Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (81)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine 
and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My pick this week:



The 100
Kass Morgan
Genre: YA Dystopian
Publication date: September 3rd 2013
by Little, Brown Young Readers


In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.


I know I know, it's a dystopian novel and I've been bitching the genre out. But hear me out--that synopsis makes it actually sound way cool! No one's been on earth for ages! That could be really cool especially if the setting/imagery is well created. Let me dream, lovelies! Let me dream!


What are you waiting on?
Link me up! :)