Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Dusty Reads (11)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted here, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time. To participate, add your link at the bottom. 
If you wish, you can grab the button and find more information here.

My pick this week:
Cryer's Cross
Lisa McMann
Released February 2011

Goodreads / Purchase
Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind. 

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico. 

Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried....

I bought this on a whim at Costco. I had never heard of it before and the cover/synopsis pulled me in. When I got home and checked Goodreads I noticed it was the same author of Wake - which I couldn't get into at all. I haven't dared read it yet. I'm still really curious about it. It does sound really creepy and I love my creepy! When I get a chance I'll definitely give it a try. Have you read this one? What did you think of it?