Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dusty Reads (10)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted here, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time. To participate, add your link at the bottom. 
If you wish, you can grab the button and find more information here.

My pick this week:
Numbers
Rachel Ward
Released January 2009


Goodreads / Purchase
Since her mother's death, fifteen-year-old Jem has kept a secret. When her eyes meet someone else's, a number pops into her head - the date on which they will die. Knowing that nothing lasts forever, Jem avoids relationships, but when she meets a boy called Spider, and they plan a day out together, her life takes a new twist and turn. Waiting for the London Eye, she sees everyone in the queue has the same number - something terrible is going to happen.

This concept fascinates me to no end. But I can't help but notice the not so great feedback it's been getting on Goodreads. What do you think? Should I give it a go?