Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (11)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My pick this week:
                                    Smashed
                                    Lisa Luedeke
                                    Release date: August 21st, 2012

Katie Martin is a field hockey star on the fast track to a college scholarship. Her relationship with alcohol has always been a little questionable, but things get bleak really quickly when she takes up with bad boy Alec Osborne. Then a horrific drunk-driving accident leaves Katie indebted to Alec in the worst way, and it doesn't take long for her to hit rock bottom. This is a fast-paced and moving read of addiction, trauma, and redemption.
           Add it to your Goodreads to-read shelf




I've been delving more and more into contemporary novels lately, just to get a change from the billions of paranormal books I've been reading all year. I was definitely interested as soon as I saw the blurb of Smashed that talks of an issue that is, sadly, too often encountered in our day and time. On top of having this fantastic cover on my shelf, I'm looking forward to this surely captivating read.

What are you waiting on this week?