Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (70)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine 
and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My pick this week:



Stained
Cheryl Rainfield
Genre: YA Contemporary Thriller
Release date: November 19th 2013
by Harcourt Children's Books

In this heart-wrenching and suspenseful teen thriller, sixteen-year-old Sarah Meadows longs for "normal." Born with a port-wine stain covering half her face, all her life she’s been plagued by stares, giggles, bullying, and disgust. But when she’s abducted on the way home from school, Sarah is forced to uncover the courage she never knew she had, become a hero rather than a victim, and learn to look beyond her face to find the beauty and strength she has inside. It’s that—or succumb to a killer



There is just something about kidnapping plots that call to me. I think one reason is because stories like this are heard in the news as much as in fiction novels. It makes them so real and creepy, plus I love to see what people do in those situations. I've also heard good things about Cheryl's other books so I have high hopes for this one!

What are you waiting on, lovelies?
Link me up! :)