Wednesday, October 05, 2011

WoW (4)

Waiting on Wednesday
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

With October upon us, my WoWs this month will feature books that would be perfect for a Halloween read.

My pick this week:
                                    The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
                                    Kelley Armstrong
                                    Release date: April 10th, 2012


Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is—a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.

Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.


I loved The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong and I was very excited when I heard she was writing a sister series starting with The Gathering, which I loved (read my review here), and I'm really looking forward to finding out how things play in book 2. I can always count on Kelley to dish out awesome books. I've enjoyed everything of hers. If you've never looked into her books go check it out. This is her YA stuff, but she also had a great adult series - Women of the Underworld that I recommend.

What are you eagerly awaiting this week?